Saturday 12 June 2010

Weddings Are HARD Work!!!

Well, there is no denying it. 11hrs on your feet 95% of the time. Rarely getting a chance to eat drink or use the restroom.

Carrying around a 20lb bag on your shoulder all day as your toes and heels dig into the ground till it feels like your feet had been pounded with a hammer. Eyes strained, from squeezing your sight through a keyhole; mind exhausted from organizing shots and running around non-stop, trying to be creative.

I just got back from Amanda and Ian's wedding tonight, and one of the guests took a portrait of me to show the physical and mental exhaustion to be displayed for all. See below. But know that it is an emotionally moving photo.

(tounge in cheek).

It has become a tradition that I take a shot with all the girls that I've done the weddings for and have gotten to know at these weddings. It truly is a lot of hard work, but it's the people and fun times that make it worth it.

I'll have many great shots of Amanda and Ian posted soon. Thank you Gail, Mike, Ben, Emily, Amanda, Ian, Dannielle, the list goes on and on. I really enjoy working with your family and friends and even though this is the last of the kids to get married, hopefully I get to work with your family/friends again soon.

Thanks!
Tim

No comments: