Tuesday 8 June 2010

Random "Trek" Leads Me to Groom :)



Just a quick personal post. I don't know about you, but I love this time of year for biking. I like to sweat through it and burn some fat.
I of course love the spring and fall too. Treking down the Katy Trail about 10 or 12 miles to August, with the leaves changing. Stopping to grab a brew and food, just enough to offset the calories you burned, ha!

Anyway, I happened to be out, looking to get Heather's Bike tuned up, and possibly get her a new bike. I've always loved Trek Bikes, and while in the store, I spoke to a guy in back, George, who was very helpful. . I thought he looked familiar, but just from being in the store last year.
I continued to talk to Pete in the repair area, who was also extremely nice. I came back to the front to ask George one more question, and then he said I also looked familiar. "Are you a photographer?" He asked, and when I informed him I was he replied "You're shooting my wedding!" Sure enough! Then it hit me as well. George and Nicole in October of 2010. Small world!

Everyone looks different when you meet them once in a different environment. Thought I felt bad that I didn't recognize him from the start I told him "well, I'm your only photographer this year, and I DO have 30 wedding couples this year, and you didn't recognize me either :)"



Anway - we continued on with the Bike talk and he continued to give me all the info I needed. So if you are in the market swing down to Trek Bike's on Manchester in West County. Here's a map . Heather had a cheaper Schwin that we had gotten from whatever store, and I spent hours trying to get the gearing to go smoothly, and for another $100, I could have gotten a Trek bike of better quality and a lot better service. It would have been shifting correctly out of the gate, and if I had issues, they take care of you for 3 years.

Even if you have another bike, they do a maintainence deal for $60 where they calibrate the gearing, and brakes etc. For the time I spent trying to get it to operate perfectly, I spent 3 times that in time. and still didn't get it as good as they probably could have.

Tell George I sent ya! :)

No comments: