Tuesday 6 March 2012

Fine Art Giclee Portraits

Timeless Giclee Portraits

Time gets away from us all, and it’s no different for me.  As a photographer and father, I would love to capture my girls every day, but as a business owner that’s just not possible.   Every so often I am reminded of how quickly they grow and I always feel a pang of urgency to get them in front of the camera.  I want to capture a portrait of them as they change in each step of the way to adulthood.  

I recently took some time with them and crafted some very elegant vintage images using a technique I have been working on for quite some time.  These portraits stay beautiful and timeless year after year. One of the things I love about them is their pure simplicity.  The focus is genuine and the subtle hint of color on porcelain skin gives the subjects an authentic, almost lifelike feel.   Heather says they are “Angelic”!

 
The process of creating Giclee (pronounced Gee’clay or Zhe-clay) prints is time consuming but well worth it.  I painstakingly artwork down to the finest detail using a selective pigment technique, then print them on museum quality fine art texture paper. The print is then carefully window matted and set in a classic-style frame.   The result is an elegant masterpiece designed to last for years.


As parents, we don’t want to miss a second of our children’s lives, but it is inevitable – we can’t be there for everything!  To me, having the ability to capture my girls in timeless portraits is truly a blessing. And I am honored each and every time I have the opportunity to capture my clients in the same way.

I am proud and excited to say Artisan will be offering these stunning works of art to our clients.  Be on the lookout for our email newsletter for more information about pricing and scheduling availability.  And as always, your feedback is always welcome!  Feel free to leave a comment here, send us an email or even give us a call.  We always enjoy hearing what YOU are up to as well! 

Tim


No comments: